Board-Certified Specialist in Fluency Disorders
Dr. Heather Grossman is one of a small number of speech language pathologists holding a PhD in fluency disorders who works primarily in a clinical setting. For more than 25 years, she’s worked tirelessly to help people who stutter to speak freely and live fearlessly.
5 things you should know about Heather:
- Was among the first group of speech therapists in the U.S to be recognized as a specialist and mentor in the treatment of fluency disorders by ASHA (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association).
- Developed a strong passion for working with people who stutter early in her career. Aware of the depth to which stuttering can influence one’s life, she is passionate about helping people who stutter lead, fuller happier lives.
- Is a sought-after expert on stuttering, presenting regularly at national and international conferences for professionals. She is also regularly called upon for journalistic and media coverage of stuttering, appearing on TV shows like ‘Katie’.
- Has experience as an adjunct professor and clinical supervisor at Queens College, Hofstra University, Mercy College, and Long Island University.She taught classes on stuttering therapy, clinical assessment and treatment, language disorders and linguistics.
- Is dedicated to personal growth involving mindfulness and meditation, loves music, dancing and the solitude of her home in Long Beach.