The most recent addition to AIS’ prestigious team, Kristel is also a person who stutters. Her lifelong journey to become a better communicator and more accepting of herself ignited a passion in her to help others do the same.
5 things you should know about Kristel:
- Cites a combination of successful speech therapy and being around other people who stutter as her motivation to become an accomplished speech pathologist.
- Received her Masters Degree in speech and language pathology from Purdue University in 2009, where she worked as part of a team of researchers to help understand how stuttering develops in young children.
- Began her career in the New York City public school system.
- Is passionate about helping people who stutter realize their life goals. Her drive to help others who stutter comes from her personal challenges trying to manage stuttering on her own.
- Loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, pottery and traveling to new places.