Genna is honored to join the AIS team at the Arthur M. Blank Center for Stuttering Therapy in Atlanta. Throughout her graduate school experience and career as a Speech-Language Pathologist, Genna has been inspired by many individuals in the stuttering community who are courageous in facing their fears.
5 things you should know about Genna:
- As an Atlanta native, she graduated from Emory University with a degree in Psychology.
- She obtained a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Texas at Austin, where she received extensive training in assessment and treatment of stuttering.
- While living in Austin, she was the leader of the National Stuttering Association (NSA) Kids Chapter. She also co-founded the NSA Atlanta Family Chapter and is currently one of the leaders of this growing support group.
- As a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist who has worked with pre-school through middle school students, she is passionate about helping young people develop their communication abilities, regardless of the challenges they may face.
- She loves yoga and meditation, traveling to new places in the U.S. and abroad, and spending time outdoors hiking.