Chaya brings a unique understanding of the stuttering experience. As a person who uncovered her voice after being covert about stuttering for many years, she has a passion for helping others find their power and joy in communicating. She is dedicated to meeting every client where they are at and supporting them on their stuttering journey.
5 things you should know about Chaya:
- Co-leads the Manhattan NSA chapter, a support group for adults who stutter, and coordinates the “NYC Stutters: One Day Conference”, a one day event dedicated to supporting and empowering adults who stutter
- Has extensive experience working in the schools and is committed to stuttering advocacy and education in schools, work environments and healthcare settings.
- Teaches graduate classes on Stuttering and Fluency Disorders.
- Leads guided meditation, expressive dance, and creative art workshops for children and adults who stutter at national conferences and in summer camps.
- Loves dancing, yoga, hiking, meditating and finding inspiration in the small wonders of everyday life.