Carl is one of AIS’ most experienced speech-language pathologists, and is our Clinic Director for the Arthur M. Blank Center for Stuttering Therapy in Atlanta, GA. He joined AIS in New York in 2006 and worked closely with our founder, Catherine Montgomery for nearly five years. In 2016, he opened our first satellite office in Atlanta, GA.
5 things you should know about Carl:
- Discovered his passion for stuttering treatment while working on research projects at the University of Central Florida. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Masters Degree in Communication Arts and Disorders.
- Is working to get his certification as a board certified specialist in fluency disorders.
- Is an active researcher and presenter in fluency disorders. He is the first author on a 2006 breakthrough review of behavioral stuttering treatments. This article – and others – has appeared in top research publications around the world.
- Has taught graduate fluency courses at George Washington University and undergraduate phonetic science courses at the University of Maryland.
- Lives with his wife, daughter, and son in the Boulevard Heights neighborhood in Atlanta, GA. He’s an avid fan of his alma mater (Charge On UCF!), and loves craft beer, fantasy/sci-fi novels, and dad jokes.