This six-week online group therapy experience is meant for adults who stutter who are already familiar with the AIS treatment approach.
The cohort will meet weekly on Zoom on Wednesdays, 7-9pm, starting on June 17th, and ending on July 22nd. Participants will develop individualized therapy plans with the facilitating clinician, with goals focusing on:
- reducing individual avoidance behaviors
- improving overall communication skills
- instilling personal confidence when entering speaking situations
- reducing negative thoughts and feelings related to stuttering
- exploring ways to stutter more easily and speak more freely
Functional assignments will also be developed for application to meaningful experiences in the real-world (e.g., public speaking, socializing with new people, fear-facing challenges, etc.). The group environment will also provide an important outlet for support, encouragement, empowerment, and community from others who just “get it”.
The fee includes all course materials, six group sessions, and access to our many group offerings at AIS. Contact us here, or call us at (212) 633-6400.