This free event is open to the public. Registration is required to participate. Link below.
Karen Dobkins, Ph.D. is a professor in the Psychology Department at UC San Diego. Outside the world of research, she enjoys blending Mindfulness with her expertise in Psychology/Neuroscience to create workshops and environments aimed at improving well-being. Dr. Dobkins will be speaking about many of the central concepts in her Principles of Clarity (POC) workshop. She will describe what clarity is, and discuss it’s many applications, including:
- how to live life where our actions are aligned with our core values
- identify issues, discriminate between real threats vs. the “stories” we tell ourselves
- move away from “shoulds”, yet take responsibility for our choices
- not go into “victim mentality”
- communicate needs effectively
- bring love, mindfulness, and compassion to all situations
- and live wholeheartedly, without apology
Registration link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uZcvdOqtrTopnyRAuwjwp9w9Xm-M0OX8Qw
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Get familiar with Dr. Dobkins by watching her TEDx presentation from 2017: