FREE Upcoming events at AIS!
If you received our Fall Newsletter or like our Faceboook Page, you know we’ve got lots of upcoming events here at AIS!
- Free Tuesday Night Groups in October Tuesday night practice/support groups will be free for the month of October. These groups meet every week on Tuesday from 6:30-8:00pm, and usually cost $20. So, stop by on a Tuesday night in October while it’s FREE!
- Spreading the Word about Stuttering on International Stuttering Awareness Day ISAD is on October 22nd. We’ll definitely be celebrating here at the American Institute for Stuttering. Between 12:00 and 2:00 on the 22nd, we will meet at Madison Square Park to spread stuttering awareness. If you’re interested in participating, more information will soon be available on our Facebook page.
- Friends & Family Night On Tuesday night, October 22nd, in honor of International Stuttering Awareness Day, we encourage our clients to invite friends and/or family who would benefit from learning about current trends in stuttering treatment and how best to support people who stutter. There is no fee for this event.
- Back to School Night for Parents On Wednesday, October 16th, from 6:00-7:00pm, Dr. Heather Grossman will lead a parent education and support group. Focus will be on issues related to stuttering in school, and parents are encouraged to discuss their individual concerns. There is no fee for this event. Childcare will be provided. Please RSVP with Bridget at email@example.com.
- Fluency Happy Hour On Friday, November 8th, from 5:30-7:00pm, Dr. Heather Grossman and Carl Herder will lead a vocal fold management mini-refresher. We will wrap up the refresher with a social gathering at a local bar/restaurant. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, this event is also completely free. To reserve your spot, RSVP with Bridget at firstname.lastname@example.org.