Join us in welcoming our newest therapist to the American Institute for Stuttering, Mark O’Malia, M.S., CF-SLP! Read below to get to know a little more about Mark, and be sure to connect with him on Facebook!
Mark O’Malia, M.S., CF-SLP
As a person who stutters, Mark has an in-depth understanding of the unique challenges that stuttering can create in an individual’s life. Mark first came to AIS as a client in 2013, where he discovered and eventually developed a professional passion in collaborating with clients to find their most authentic voice.
5 things you should know about Mark:
- Received his Masters degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Penn State University. He also graduated summa cum laude in Psychology with a concentration in Human Development from the University of Scranton.
- Collaborated in research exploring predictive factors of resilience, positive coping strategies, and social support in young adults who stutter with an internationally recognized specialist in stuttering.
- While in graduate school, he co-founded and facilitated the Central PA Chapter of the National Stuttering Association (NSA).
- Has a deep respect and appreciation for the stuttering self-help community, being actively involved in planning and presenting workshops for NSA conferences.
- Loves spending time outdoors, hiking, yoga, travelling to new places, and currently aspiring to own a pet corgi.