The 5th Annual Benefit Gala for the American Institute for Stuttering was held Tuesday night, and it was a marvelous evening that celebrated people who stutter and raised funds that will help change lives.
We would like to thank a multitude of friends for making the event a smashing success, including honorees Arthur M. Blank and Colin Firth; clients Violet, Lily, Jeff, and Shawn; Gala Co-Chairs Joe Moglia and Michael and Riki Sheehan; special contributor Vice-President Joe Biden; and Mistress of Ceremonies Emily Blunt. We were happy to have special guests Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso, John Krasinski, Marc Bouwer, Sam Waterston, and Ken Langone with us as well.
We encourage you to read Andrew Carter’s excellent recap of the gala, featuring quotes and special moments. Read Andrew’s recap at The Daily Beast.
And the recap is just the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy the following articles, video, and photos from our memorable 5th Annual Benefit Gala!
- The Daily Beast – A Star-Studded Gala for Stuttering
- New York Magazine – Emily Blunt on How She Overcame Her Stutter
- Wall Street Journal – Stuttering Organization Holds Annual Gala
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution – Blank Honored by the American Institute for Stuttering
- Gather.com – Colin Firth honored by American Institute for Stuttering
- AtlantaFalcons.com – Blank Honored by American Institute for Stuttering
- InStyle.com – Emily Blunt and John Krasinski pose for the cameras
- PerezHilton.com – Emily Blunt Started Acting to Overcome a Stutter
- People.com – Celebrity Sightings
- New York Social Diary – Spring Galas and Soirees
- People Magazine – Emily Blunt in StyleWatch
Colin Firth’s video address as aired at the gala.
Vice-President Joe Biden‘s video address.
Click below to view a slideshow of the gala on Flickr.